Your recent searches

results found for ''

Load More

Narrow your results

Frequently Asked Questions

Here is a list of the most common questions asked by our customers. We’ve included brief answers and links to more detailed information to help you resolve your enquiry.


Where can I buy Gyprock products?

Gyprock’s range of plasterboard, cornice and compounds are available through a network of Gyprock Trades stores, specialist distributors and major hardware chains across Australia.

Find your nearest supplier.

Where can I see pricing for Gyprock products?

You will need to contact your nearest supplier for pricing details. If you are interested in trade pricing, contact our customer service team on 13 17 44.

How do I open an account with Gyprock?

If you wish to open an account to trade directly with Gyprock, you will need to set up the account with a local sales representative. Contact our customer service team on 13 17 44.

I have a question about my accounts/delivery/invoice – how do I get in touch?

You can call our customer service team on 13 17 44 or use CSR Connect to stay on top of your account. Connect is CSR's time-saving tool for the modern tradie. Developed specifically for CSR customers, Connect provides easy access to manage accounts wherever, whenever. Connect's intuitive interface helps speed up everyday business processes, such as viewing invoices, orders and statements, searching for products, accessing unique pricing, making account payments and so much more.

Can Gyprock products be recycled?

Most Gyprock plasterboard products can be recycled. See our Recycling page for more details.

How do I make a warranty claim?

If your home was built using Gyprock plasterboard products, contact your builder who will be able to start the warranty claim process on your behalf.

How do I repair a hole in Gyprock plasterboard?

Our recommendation for repairing damage in plasterboard will depend on the size of the damage. Browse Plasterboard Maintenance Resources.

How can I soundproof my home?

Gyprock has a range of acoustic plasterboard options which can improve overall acoustics when used in a system. Products like Gyprock Superchek™ and Gyprock Soundchek™ help reduce sound transfer when used in conjunction with acoustic insulation. For more information, see Acoustic Considerations.

What type of plasterboard do I use for wet areas of the home?

Our recommendation is to use Gyprock Aquachek™ 10mm in areas including bathrooms, kitchen, laundries, garages and external ceiling applications such as covered walkways and verandas that are protected from direct exposure to rain and weather. For installation detail, see the Wet Areas section of the Residential Installation Guide.

What do I use for a ceiling?

We recommend Gyprock Supaceil™ for all internal ceilings. The special formulation in Supaceil prevents ceiling sag and the board can be installed at up to 600mm centres. Refer to the Residential Installation Guide for more information.

Can Gyprock plasterboard be used on ceilings in alfresco areas?

Yes, provided the ceiling is protected from wind-driven rain and is located in N1 and N2 wind categories. The plasterboard needs to be installed to AS4055, with maximum framing centres of 450mm and fasteners spaced at a maximum of 300mm centres. For more information, refer to the exterior ceilings section of the Gyprock Residential Installation Guide.

Can Gyprock plasterboard be used around a fire place?

Plasterboard is not suitable near an open fire or where it may be subjected to temperatures exceeding 52ºC for prolonged periods. When installing a combustion heater or other heat generating devices please refer to the manufacturer's specifications.

What jointing tape do you recommend, Paper Tape or Easy Tape?

Paper Tape is much stronger than Easy Tape and should be used in all applications where high joint strength is required. Easy Tape is a self-adhesive tape for plasterboard repairs and minor wall jointing projects.

When is back-blocking required on ceilings?

Back-blocking is required when three or more recessed joints are present in a ceiling and when butt joints are located between framing supports. We recommend using Gyprock Back-Blocking Cement for this application.

Can I use Gyprock plasterboard that has been wet?

In general, we recommend that Gyprock plasterboard be replaced after being substantially wet (for example, as a result of burst water services or flooding). If the paper is wet, or if the paper lining is subject to any deterioration, board strength and the holding capacity of fixings may be reduced. When subjected to minor water exposure events, plasterboard must be allowed to dry completely and then inspected for signs of deterioration or warping. If linings are found to be unaffected once fully dry (with no signs of physical or permanent water damage) they can be retained.

Can I use plasterboard directly behind a cooktop splash back panel?

In domestic applications, only plasterboard of a minimum 10mm thickness can be used when it is protected directly behind a cooktop splash back by tiles of a minimum 5mm thickness or Australian Standard compliant toughened safety glass of minimum 5mm thickness or sheet metal of minimum 0.4mm.

What is ‘white set’ plaster?

It is Hardwall plaster that has been blended with lime putty and applied to a wall with a trowel. White set or hard set plaster must also be allowed to cure for not less than two months prior to painting or finishing with an approved alkaline resistant coating.

When tiling onto plasterboard, what is the maximum tile weight permitted?

All Gyprock plasterboard linings allow for a maximum tile weight of up to 32kg/m2. For installation detail, see the Residential Installation Guide.


Where can I obtain a fire indices report for Gyprock plasterboard products?

Our Fire Hazard Properties Report WF 45759 is applicable to Gyprock plasterboard only and is available for download here.

I need a fire wall for a class 1 building on the boundary with a FRL 60/60/60, with access from only one side of the property. Does Gyprock have a solution?

We recommend the Gyprock Boundary wall system. The Boundary Wall System is an effective wall system that maximises liveable space while enabling zero-lot-line style construction.  It is a narrow-footprint external wall system that meets the fire and weatherproofing requirements of the building code.

I am building rowhouses using staged construction methods. We want the freedom to build non-sequentially and infill the vacant lots to owners financing requirements. Does Gyprock have a solution?

We recommend the Gyprock Boundary Wall System. Gyprock Boundary Wall System. This system allows you to build as you sell and supports non- sequential building methods thus providing an opportunity to move away from the limitations of traditional sequential building and whole of site financing.

Can you provide me with a fire test report for one of the systems in the Red Book?

Gyprock releases Fire Assessment Reports to project certifiers and building surveyors. Please email your request to

Where do I find details in the Red Book on fire rated penetrations?

Fire rated penetration details can be found from page Z29 of the Red Book.

Where in the Red Book can I find systems to fire rate steel columns and beams?

Steel column and beam encasement systems are found on pages C47 and C48 with system installation details on page C49 of the Red Book.

The Gyprock Glasroc F system also provides a solution for encasing steel columns and beams. 

How can I get a copy of the Red Book?

The 2017 Red Book is available for download as a PDF or as an app called The Red Book Companion, featuring an in-built system selector. If you are after a hard copy, you will need to get in touch with your local Gyprock architectural consultant. Our customer service team can put you in touch with a rep, call 13 17 44.