Gyprock jointing tapes are used to provide strength and rigidity in the first coat of a three coat plasterboard jointing process.
The tape is bedded in a base coat or multi-purpose compound before the second coat and topping coat is applied and sanded ready for painting.
Gyprock tapes are also used in conjunction with a patching compound to repair dents, cracks and holes in plasterboard walls, ceilings and cornice.
Gyprock Jointing Tape Range
Gyprock Paper Tape
- Gyprock Paper Tape is a professional taping product that provides high tensile strength for stronger joints.
- It has a rough texture for better adhesion and spark perforations for a smoother finish.
- Paper Tape is creased along the centre line for better corners and performance in automatic taping tools.
- Available in 75m and 150m rolls.
Gyprock Easy Tape
- Easy Tape is a self-adhesive, fibreglass mesh jointing tape designed for plasterboard repairs and minor wall jointing projects.
- Easy Tape is used with Gyprock Rapid Patch or Base Coat compounds for repairing cracks and holes in plasterboard walls, ceilings and cornice.
- Easy Tape can also be used for taping minor sections of wall joints but should never be used for ceilings.
- Easy Tape is not suitable for use in fire-rated systems.
- Available in 20m and 90m rolls.
Comprehensive installation instructions for Gyprock plasterboard and compounds can be found under the Resources tab and include:
For assistance with installation, try searching for a Gyprock plasterer, builder or repairer under the Locations tab.
Gyprock products are manufactured for life with all CSR products designed to achieve optimal performance when part of a CSR integrated system.