Gyprock Final Finish is a heavyweight topping compound, used as a top coat in a three coat plasterboard jointing system.
It is formulated as a topping compound for finishing joints and angles of plasterboard and fibre cement and not for bedding tapes and second coats. For these coats, Gyprock Multi-Purpose Joint Compound or Gyprock Wet Area Base Coat should be used.
Final Finish is a low VOC, pre-mixed compound, manufactured by Gyprock in Australia to stringent product specifications.
Gyprock Final Finish Topping Compound is available in the Gyprock DIY range in a 3kg bucket.
Hand Tool Application
- Using a broadknife or trowel, apply a thin top coat of Gyprock Final Finish wide enough to conceal the previously coated joint – about 250mm.
- Soften the outer edges of the newly trowelled compound with a damp brush before feathering the edges with a trowel.
- Cover previously coated fastener heads, overlapping about 25mm.
- Apply a thin top coat of Gyprock Final Finish using a 250mm or 300mm finishing box
- Allow compound to dry and harden for at least 24 hours.
- Using a 180 grit sandpaper or 180-220 grit mesh and sanding float, carefully sand the joint to a smooth, even finish.
- Avoid scuffing the paper face of the plasterboard where it meets the compound.
Note: In wet area applications where the wall is to be tiled, a topping coat should not be used.
More Installation Assistance
Comprehensive installation instructions for Gyprock plasterboard and compounds can be found under the Resources tab and include:
For assistance with installation, try searching for a Gyprock plasterer, builder or repairer under the Locations tab.