CSR Gyprock has released the latest edition of its Fire, Acoustic and Thermal design guide, the Red Book. Hailed as the industry’s go-to for design and specification in residential and commercial construction, the expanded edition of the 2017 Red Book brings all new content, and an all new way to access the information.
Recognising that industry professionals are now more on-the-go than ever, Gyprock has launched the 2017 Red Book in the expected traditional print and PDF versions, and has also unveiled a new cloud-based application tool called the Red Book Companion. The revolutionary app enables access to system information and technical guidance and was recently presented to Australian design professionals during a national road show for the launch of the 2017 Red Book. Red Book launch events were held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, with architects, designers and other industry professionals gathering for an intimate and informative session on the Red Book, and the unveiling of a digital app for this technical manual – the Red Book Companion.
- The full contents of the 2017 Red Book, in sections that follow the same order as the print and PDF versions of the book.
- Personalisation features – users have the ability to bookmark favourite systems, add notes and sketches to systems and the option of sending full system details direct to multiple email addresses. This allows users to find a system that works for a project and share with others.
- Selected systems have CAD and Revit files attached to them, which a user can email directly to their mailbox.
- An in-built System Selector with an easy to use interface designed to assist navigation to system options that meet specific performance criteria. The System Selector asks users to enter specification requirements to yield the best matches to the criteria, from over a thousand systems in the Red Book.
- Shareable application – The Red Book Companion can be easily shared from within the tool, via SMS, email or social media.
Available on a multitude of mobile devices, you can access the Red Book Companion using a single log-in on different platforms. These platforms include desktop computers, smart phones, iPads and other tablets.
Get your hands on the Red Book Companion by searching 'CSR Gyprock' in Google Play and the App Store. Alternatively, SMS 'RED BOOK' to 0400 813 813 to have a direct link sent to your mobile phone.
To explore all the accessibility options for the latest content out of the 2017 Red Book, visit Gyprock.com.au/Redbook.